Wednesday, February 27, 2008

my lesbian friend

Well today I talked with my good friend who now claims to be a lesbian. She left her hubby of 20+ years for another woman. Poor guy. I know how he feels, my wife did the same after 15 years. Must be something in that Kansas water.
She told me how they had just moved all his stuff out to an apartment. I want to be there for her and be her friend, and I'm sure she'd be pissed if she knew I was thinking this, but I can't help but wonder if it's just a phase she's going through. She told me that her family said that and it pissed her off so I'm sure she'd react the same with me. What she has to remember is that I have been on the receiving end of such marriage bad news.
They had an open marriage. She, and he, had sex with many couples and singles, both together and apart. Apparently there are reasons for monogamy other than religious. Isn't it strange how we sometimes think those old religious laws are just "old fogie" rules or whater by a bunch of tight ass people, but in the long run they turn out that they prevent a lot of negative incidences. I think it's strange that we always think we created a new ideas such as "open marriage", when in actuality it's been around since humans have been around. So our ancient ancestors made laws such as marriage and monogomy to prevent the negative effects of those "immoral" lifestyles. We may be more technically advanced, but apparently they had much more common sense.

Anyway as much as I want to be there for her during this very difficult time in her life, I'm having a hard time with her "coming out". I don't think anyone can blame me for that, including her since I was close friends with the both of them. I just talked with her on the phone and it was quite uncomfortable . For both of us I think. I could hear her talking to her lover (thinking I couldn't hear her) calling her "Baby" and "honey" etc. and it just didn't sound sincere or honest to me. I just don't know. I know how society says I should feel, but screw all of you. I can't help how I feel.

No comments: